Thursday 12 June 2014

Tears

This verse has come up several times in my life.
Psalm 56:8 (CEV)
You have kept record
    of my days of wandering.
You have stored my tears
in your bottle
    and counted each of them.

It was prayed over me at a meeting of regional leaders.

And I have used it at various times in art work that I have done.  This was part of a workshop that I did at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC some years ago.

This scrapbook layout was done whilst I was a member of Scrapbooking From the Inside Out.

I really like hidden journaling and this was hidden under the torn papers.


And this my most recent version of the verse using acrylic paint in my art journal.   I wrote with a waterproof pen my feelings about a life event.   I scraped a thin layer of modelling paste through a stencil.  Because I don't clean my stencils the pink ink I had used previously spread onto the teardrops.  I used a thin layer of blue acrylic paint over the whole page painting round the teardrops.  I added another layer of modelling paste and dry brushed the butterscotch acrylic paint over the top.  I used a Thermofax screen and black and white paint to add the grasses.  I printed the verse and coloured the paper with Distress Inks before cutting the words up and gluing them to the page.

This journal page has been chosen for inclusion in a book provisionally called Art Journal Kickstarter to be published at the end of the year.

Do you have a particular Bible verse that crops up on a regular basis?

See you soon
Bernice



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the blog. I would love you to leave an encouraging comment.